- WHO: D.C. public and charter school students in grades 6-11, space permitting (unfortunately, we do not accept high school seniors as new students).
- WHERE: The fifth floor of New
York Avenue Presbyterian Church located at 1313 New York Avenue
NW, Washington, DC 20005.
- WHEN: We register new students every Thursday night of the
school year at 6:45 pm, and we are often able to match students with
tutors on the same night.
- WHAT TO BRING: Students should bring a parent or guardian,
so their parents can understand our program and what we ask of students.
It is helpful if students also bring their course schedules and copies
of their most recent report cards.
- Students commit to spending 90 minutes (6:45pm to 8:15pm) every Thursday
for a full school year (September through May). Tutors and students
may meet at other times to work on school projects or just spend time
together, but only with parental permission.
- Students should call their tutors if they cannot attend a Thursday
session. Tutors worry about their students if they don't attend.
- Students should bring homework to work on each Thursday.
- Students should bring their reports card each grading period. Good
grades make them eligible for our stay-in-school scholarship program.